Sunday, February 12, 2012

Project 2: Vector Illustrations

Original Photograph
 
Vector Illustration

I thought this project was really enjoyable, and I knew it was all about choosing the right photograph. To complete this illustration I used 23 layers because there were so many little pieces that I didn't want to accidentally move. Once the shark was finally done, I found doing the water to be an easier process. The bubbles, however, took a while to figure out but I liked using the pencil tool better than the pen tool and then I added different opacity throughout. After I added a gradient to the water I had to essentially redo the bubbles because the surface of the water needed to be light yet that meant the bubbles wouldn't be visible. Overall I think with projects like this you can constantly find things to work on so being a perfectionist already made this project never ending!

No comments:

Post a Comment